Selfie Sticks Australia In the age of Social Media everybody is posting on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and all the other emerging Social Networks. From stars like Kim K and Rihanna to everyday regular folks like me… 2013 was the year of the selfie the year. And it does not seem like selfies will be going away anytime soon as Yahoo estimates that 800 billion pictures will be shot in 2014. Yup, you read that right… Billions! Just how do you shoot an amazing selfie? With most smart phones having the flip-the-camera-to-the-front thingy, it’s become considerably easier but here’s some wonderful ideas to receive the best self-portrait:
1. Gotta Look Great : In the event you’re have the sleepies in your eyes and only rolling out of bed as well as a pillow pattern indented in your brow, it is likely not the ideal time to shoot a selfie. Be sure to seem respectable. Comb your hair, put on some make up and check outside yourself. You can clearly retake the picture in the event you see if your lipstick is smeared around your face or your hair is out of place but why waste the time; get it correctly the very first time.
2. Believe Backdrop : We have all seen the selfies where you do not even care about the man in it as the backdrop is simply a whole lot more interesting… dirty laundry, empty booze bottles, yucky bathrooms, cluttered rooms. All these can kill your shot, and I do not mean “killin’ it”, as in a great method. What is behind you? How will it affect the photo? A great backdrop can make or break a professional portrait and same goes for selfies check what is behind you as well as go for solid colours, patterns and cool textures, blurred city or landscape pictures or whatever else that’s entertaining and interesting but not littered. You would like to pop of the backdrop, not get lost in it.
3. Lights, Camera, Action: Light is everything in photography. Make sure you’re well lit but at the exact same time prevent unpleasant lighting which will make shadows in your face. Attempt taking a picture outside on an overcast day where the cloud will work like a tremendous, wonderful diffuser in the sky making your attributes seem softer or using natural light for example light and much more appealing while being nicely lit.
4. Filter It : Every portrait, wedding picture edited and or whatever you see in a magazine was retouched. So do not be scared to get creative and throw a blocker on it. There is lots of programs and editing applications out there use them! Blockers are able to make your picture more intriguing, make you appear better and in general are amazing. Only do not over kill it! Cropping something from the photo is great or hiding a blemish but smoothing out your face to the stage where it resembles Barbie with Botox overdose is a no no.
5. The Right Angle : Avoid unflattering angles. Shooting a picture from above will generally work. You may have had the photographer tell you to stick your chin out, in case you had a professional portrait shot. What you truly need to do is stick on your brow and chin forwards. It may feel strange and uncomfortable but it’s going to stretch the skin in your face and neck concealing the dreaded double chin and the pudginess. In addition, you need to squint your eyes. And by just a little bit I mean you do not need to appear like you are striving to see something. Ever hear the famous Tyra Banks phrase “smizing”? That is just what you would like to do… Grin with your eyes.
6. Daft Duck : Out of all of the above mentioned points, this one is the one that is most significant. HAVE FUN! Be stupid, be goofy and have fun with it. Scrape all the aforementioned points off and simply have a blast with it. Do a wild duck face, stick your tongue out, put on a fake mustache, and be cunning. BE IN THE SECOND! That’s what the selfie is all about sharing an awesome moment in time with the world and capturing it. So do not take yourself too seriously and go out there and reveal your greatest selfie!.